Technical Writer (relocation to Bangkok)
Местоположение и тип занятости
The future is social — and we at Amity are on a mission to unlock the power of social experiences to everyone. Our Social platform allows companies to easily integrate plug-and-play social features into their apps and websites to drive engagement, build communities, and grow revenue, while our mobile-first Employee Solution platform can boost workplace collaboration, productivity, and employee engagement.
With five offices — Bangkok, London, Milan, Amsterdam, and Austin (TX) — in different countries and with more than 200 passionate employees consisting of 30 different nationalities, Amity has the scale to support social experiences worldwide.
Discover more: https://www.amity.co/about
What makes this role exciting:
We are on the lookout for an extraordinary Technical Writer, with a passion for making great content for Product and Engineering teams, to join our Bangkok-based engineering team. You will be supporting our technology and people leaders, build great global products that our customers love and be empowered to try things out and make a real difference for our teams and our customers.
As an Amity Social Technical Writer, you will drive the organization and maintain our internal Confluence pages, external Gitbooks, and Github documentation where we share information specifically in product and engineering. We develop many engineering systems that are SDK-based and often need documentation and release notes to describe these systems to other and often less technical developers—helping to get those out and facilitate communication internally and externally so developer communities can better understand those changes.
Your Day to Day:
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Interview and work with developers to create consistently clear and digestible documentation for technically complex processes.
- Work with developers across multiple disciplines who are subject matter experts in a variety of subjects.
- Create tutorials and walkthroughs related to using our engine, tools, and development processes.
- Document audience varies in their technical knowledge.
- Look for ways to make your content better - keep raising the bar
- Suggest ways to improve content with formatting and visuals
- Give constructive feedback to your peers and review your own work with others
- Collaborate openly and efficiently with a range of product manager and engineers
- Collaborate with Senior Product managers to analyze underperforming content and suggest ways to improve it
Your experience includes:
- Bachelor's degree in technical communication or writing/composition, computer science, or similar field.
- 3+ years experience in the following skillsets: Technical, web, or UI writing experience for software/mobile applications.
- Background in organizing and presenting complex technical concepts in a manner that is appropriate for and beneficial to the target audience.
- Professional experience proofreading, editing, and revising different document types for various audiences.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills — which include organizing information in a consistent manner.
- Highly motivated, self-driven, and passionate about delivering remarkable experiences.
- Structured and efficient in planning and coordination of projects and sprints.
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Honing your skills on how to lead the delivery of global SDK products at scale, using the latest tech and approaches
- Comprehensive Healthcare package
- Flexible hours
- Paid vacation
- Travel benefits
- Team outings, lunches, and bonding activities
- Work in our gorgeous office in Bangkok, Thailand
- Thai masseuse in the office (ooh la laaa)
- Work with distributed teams globally in Amsterdam, Austin, Bangkok, London, and Milan.
- Visibility of your results and direct impact on the product
- A collaborative, respectful environment where your voice will always be heard
- Many More – We have a whole team dedicated to making Amity an awesome place to work!