We are the Asian fintech company which provides financial services to our users in the Philippines and Thailand. Our main product is an electronic payment service and e-wallet. Through our wallet users can send money to anyone, pay for bills, receive money transfers from 200+ countries even without a bank account.
Backend Integrations team is looking for a Middle Python/Go Engineer. We are responsible for integrating our application with third parties’ systems to make their experience with us seamless. Such integrations allow them to show Coins.ph payment options on their app or website. Among our partners are well-known payment service providers (PSPs), streaming and online gaming platforms, retail and online stores.
WHAT WE DO
- Maintain integration services;
- Provide support and interact with business partners;
- Create new integrations with partners;
- Maintain our client facing public APIs and improve onboarding of partners;
- Create new ways of integrations with Coins to accommodate varying requirements of business partners;
- Continuously maintain and improve our working environment: maintaining and slowly migrating legacy components to newer ones like Python to Go services and Ansible to Helm;
- Constantly maintain and improve our payment gateway product.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Take full responsibility for building product objectives: from development until production deployment, that will affect millions of users;
- Write Go/Python code that is clear, concise, performant, tested and easily understood by others;
- Ensure all code is covered by automated tests and that all features meet our quality checks before deployment;
- Maintain and support core product team microservices written in Go and Python.
- We are moving from Python to Go stack so we're trying to move away from our monolith legacy services and deconstruct that to small Go micro services;
- Cleanup and deprecate legacy services;
- Work on various projects that provide new use cases to customers;
- Improve experience of customers with our app by creating new and unique ways of revitalizing existing services.
TECHNOLOGIES WE USE
- Go and Python as main Programming Languages for the majority of backend services;
- Terraform to manage AWS and treat Infrastructure as Code;
- Helm as Package Manager for Kubernetes allows us to have decent contract between Product Engineering and Site Reliability Engineer team;
- Kubernetes is enhanced with Monitoring (Prometheus), vertical and horizontal pod auto-scaler, network security policies.
- Knowledge of Python and Go, Django, noSQL and relational databases;
- At least 2 years of commercial experience in designing, developing, testing, deploying and maintaining large scale applications in any language or stack;
- Readiness to communicate independently with various stakeholders;
GOOD TO HAVE
- Well-maintained Github profile with samples of your prior work, relevant open-source commits or other public work vetted by developers online.
- Work anywhere in a remote friendly environment with flexible schedule and extended vacation - if desired, it is possible to relocate to Manila and work there;
- Friendly geo distributed team of experienced professionals, who happily joined us after working in well-known IT/product companies and perspective startups;
- Work and collaborate effectively with cross-functional compact teams which are constantly improving their tools, pipelines and working environment;
- Customer-driven development: we don't develop features without listening to our customers, each step makes the product more convenient, useful, secure and reliable for our users;
- Professional growth: we invest time and money in your career by sponsoring IT conferences, courses and trainings;
- Paid medical insurance including two family members, coworking rental, technical equipment at choice and business trips to our Manila HQ;
- Ever-open offices in Manila and Thailand, which you can visit at any time.