Местоположение и тип занятости
TraceAir is a 6 years old startup (since 2015) that is going to revolutionize the whole construction industry. We develop the software that guides earthworks phase of construction daily, considering recently captured 3D model of a site. In the long-term, we dream of fully automatic construction.
We are scaling our business, and expanding our development team to meet ever-increasing business demands. We are looking for experienced backend Python developer with solid skills in Python and expertise in API design. We use Python for quick online calculations within AWS Lambdas like pile volume calculation on a DEM raster; for heavy offline data preprocessing like comparison of a new scan to a design surface. Also we use python-backed API for our services. We are (for quite some time already) breaking apart Java monolith into highly specialised small services and expect you to share the challenge of designing practical and clean APIs as well as implementing them. We strive for technical excellence, and our computational backends are an ever-ending source of challenges and inspiration for that.
We value leaders who can’t live with things done wrong, encourage teammates for changes, and drive these changes. You will be working in the small team of 3-5 people; we expect you to help us to gain velocity needed to embody our vision of computational backend architecture for our platform. Our company of ~50 people is distributed across many time zones (Moscow, Minsk, San Francisco) with the development center in Moscow. Our clients are Industrial Construction companies and Developers in the US and Russia.
We work in SСRUM sprints with daily standups and a two week release cycle.
Some posts about TraceAir:
- Python3, aiohttp, boto3. Unittest, py.test, selenium. Mypy, flake8.
- Kubernetes, Docker. Nginx.
- Ansible, Jenkins.
- MongoDB, AWS DynamoDB, AWS S3
- Telegraf, InfluxDB, Grafana. AWS CloudWatch
- AWS EC2, Microsoft Azure, Mailru Cloud Solution. AWS Lambdas, AWS SWF.
- AutoCAD, QGIS, GDAL
- Asana. SCRUM sprints with daily standups and 2 week release cycles.
- About our office in Moscow: https://vc.ru/office/53195-shtab-kvartira-trehetazhnyy-derevyannyy-ofis-traceair-v-moskve
- (must have) Python for production - at least 3 years, including python3 at least since January 1st 2020
- DevOps mindset -- we are the ones who both develop and run our software platform.
- Linux confident user
- Unit testing with unittest or py.test or any of other testing frameworks
- Confident in Source Control, Git - preferable
- Task tracker and weekly conference calls with a Product Manager in English
- Moscow office - it is ok to work from home, but you will have a lot of meetings in the office (at least 2 days a week). You are expected to schedule these meetings in the office too!
- Cross-functionality: in case you are interested in front-end part (js, react, typescript), we can share simple tasks and teach.
Nice to have
- Kubernetes, docker
- Most of the rest of keywords from 'Our stack' section
- API design experience - we will design services from scratch, and we are looking for someone who will empower and guide us, if needed.
- Deep cloud infrastructure understanding -- not only how to use clouds, but how they built and how they operated.
- CI/CD practicing experience
- Good algorithms and data structures understanding
- OOP and Design Patterns
- Long-term project maintenance experience