Senior Backend Engineer (Relocation to Bangkok)
Местоположение и тип занятости
Amity is a leading enabler of mobile and digital social experiences. Amity Social Cloud, the business’s flagship platform, allows companies to easily integrate social functions into their app or digital channels. These include functions such as social feed, video stories, messaging, chatbots, and much more. Once deployed, these social functions help grow engagement, communities, positive experiences, and revenues. Amity Social Cloud, built with scalability and quality in mind, now delivers over two billion messages per month.
With five offices — Bangkok, London, Milan, Amsterdam, and Austin (TX) — in different countries and with more than 200 passionate employees consisting of 30 different nationalities, Amity has the scale to support social experiences worldwide.
Joining Amity is a unique opportunity to become a part of a global tech start-up backed up by leading VC firms with more than $30M funding raised to date while having a chance to leave a deep personal mark when building strategies and processes from scratch.
Discover more: https://www.amity.co/about
In order to build a world-class team, Amity welcomes people from all over the world. We are an international company and happy to support our new top talents with a relocation allowance to successfully move and settle in Bangkok.
Your day to day:
We are searching for a passionate, ambitious, and high-achieving team member with the potential to develop with our scaling company which has been consistently achieving 150% YoY growth since 2017.
Your days will never be the same, but you will be responsible for things like:
- Development and maintenance of components/subsystems of the core Amity products
- Delivering releases of components/subsystems of Amity app efficiently and on-time
- Development and maintenance of components/subsystems of customer-specific requirements
We will support you to reach these goals through a thorough onboarding process, personal development plans, exposure to Senior Leaders in the business through a flat hierarchy, and a strong company culture that values feedback, empowers decision making, and always treats everyone — from employees to partners, to our customers — the same way we would treat a good friend - with respect, empathy, goodwill and thoughtfulness.
So let’s talk about you:
- 3+ years of Node.js experience in Engineering
- Previous experience with a variety of technologies across the entire technology stack Infrastructure: Amazon AWS, Backend: Node.js, ElasticSearch, Redis, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
- Experience contributing to the core development of a substantial product or engineering project
- Demonstrated knowledge of the software development life cycle and understanding of the need to balance scalability, security, and performance
- Lastly, you will be communicating mostly in English with your Amity colleagues, and thus an advanced level of English language skills (both verbal and written) is required to be successful in this role.
- Comprehensive healthcare package
- Flexible hours
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Travel benefits
- Team outings, lunches, and bonding activities
- Work in our gorgeous office in Bangkok, Thailand
- Thai masseuse in the office (ooh la laaa)
- Work with distributed teams globally in Amsterdam, Austin, Bangkok, London, and Milan.
- Visibility of your results and direct impact on the product
- A collaborative, respectful environment where your voice will always be heard
- Many More – We have a whole team dedicated to making Amity an awesome place to work!