Looking for a Senior Backend Developer (PHP) to play a key role in expanding our API's capabilities from DB schema design to API implementation. A lot of freedom in actions, endorse individual responsibility. Flat company structure, fulltime, full-remote. Good spoken English is a MUST.
American Estate and Trust is a self-funded, profitable financial company headquartered in Las Vegas, NV. Core to our products are our APIs which power our web applications as well as B2B customers who use our APIs to create their own products. We are looking for a senior backend PHP developer to play a key role in expanding our API's capabilities. The person will be working on all aspects of backend development - from DB schema design to API implementation. Our ideal candidate will be proficient in PHP, SQL and Docker. Experience with different cloud technologies is also desired.
- You specialize in building APIs for others to consume.
- You've written API definitions and documentation using a specification like OpenAPI.
- You have worked both as an individual contributor and as a team leader.
- You have mentored other software developers and take time to further develop your own skills.
- You have a sense of ownership in what you create and support.
- You think holistically about how to improve the overall systems you are working with.
- You have monitored your applications performance and you have experience troubleshooting performance at each layer of the stack.
- You have experience with different SDLC workflows. You have opinions about how to optimize git workflows for teams.
- You have experience with several testing frameworks. You have written different kinds of tests (unit, integration, regression, etc) and understand their strengths and weaknesses.
Here's some of the things we believe as a team
- Great products are made by people who care
- Think about what "done" is upfront. Pull your work all the way over the finish line.
- Be personally transparent. Don't accumulate negative emotions. Share it with others in constructive ways.
- Leave things better than you found them.
- Prototype before polishing. Get it working before you optimize it.
- Never miss an opportunity to articulate your mental model. Always take the opportunity to validate your mental models with others
- Seek to spend the majority of your time on things that impact the ability of our customers to successfully use our products.
- Constantly challenge yourself and those around you.
- Help others grow. Invite others to learn with you.
Out tech stack
PHP 7, Laminas, MySQL, React, Docker, Linux, AWS, Ansible, Apache, Postman/Newman, OpenAPI
We are also big fans of http://boringtechnology.club
— Experienced, senior, friendly and responsible team that care about the product they are building
— Minimal and adequate management and a lot of freedom in actions. We endorse individual responsiblity
— Good compensation plus 13+5 (Xmas vacation) paid vacation days
— Fully remote, no time trackers (we trust our developers)