We’re seeking an engineer who is passionate about storage technology and operations to join our cloud engineering storage team, which manages over 100 PB of data globally. Join a small but elite international team focused on delivering always-on, fast infrastructure that is the stable foundation for our private cloud.
What we’re looking for:
- At-scale storage administration experience with FreeBSD and/or Solaris/illumos
- You can describe tough situations you’ve faced and what you did and learned
- Understanding of the storage stack from hardware-level storage (SAS, expanders, multipathing) to HBA to kernel/OS to filesystem to protocols used to expose data to clients (iSCSI, NFS, SMB, etc.) to guest VM performance
- Ability to troubleshoot kernel-level / hardware-level / protocol-level availability, performance, or deadlock situations
- E.g., using DTrace to diagnose kernel deadlocks or performance issues
- E.g., troubleshooting disk failures that freeze up the SAS bus
- E.g., understanding “hotspots” within a storage cloud, finding and resolving bottlenecks
- Self-starter that is passionate about delivering secure, performant, and low-latency storage
- Metrics-driven, agile with an automation mentality
- Able to communicate effectively in English with our international team of engineers
- Bonus points if you are an engineer who has used and/or contributed to open source projects including:
- illumos (or OpenSolaris)
The ideal candidate will eventually be able to work out of our Smolensk Russia office, however, Axcient will consider all qualified remote-only candidates based in Russia. We are seeking people who match our values of take-it-own-it, reject mediocrity, be agile, do the right thing, and team-to-win. If you think you are a good candidate based on the above description please don’t hesitate to apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.