Backend Scala Engineer for Whisk Product team, 100% remote
Местоположение и тип занятости
Whisk is a food-tech platform that helps consumers turn food inspiration into action (buy, cook) through a shopping list and saved recipe box. Whisk has both a B2C side that’s available on multiple web, mobile and hardware surfaces and a B2B side which makes the Whisk platform available to some of the world’s largest recipe publishers, grocery retailers, and CPG brands.
Whisk was acquired by Samsung NEXT in March 2019 and is investing heavily in developing and scaling the platform, in a way that each investment is not only adding value to its own experience but also to the network of partners overall.
About Samsung NEXT
Samsung NEXT champions builders and founders inventing a more purposeful future. We attract, develop, and celebrate diverse talent with world-class capacity to transform ideas into realities at scale. We prioritize experiences over things and are dedicated to thoughtfully integrating the physical and digital worlds… and we accelerate Samsung's vision to inspire the world!
Founded in 2012, Samsung NEXT has four key functions in the global software ecosystem:
- Venture - Investing in early-stage startups to help entrepreneurs build and scale their businesses.
- Partnerships - Helping startups successfully partner with a variety of Samsung business units.
- M&A - Acquiring startups to connect and scale with our businesses.
- Product - Building new software and services businesses at scale.
About the Backend Scala Engineer Role
As a Backend Scala Engineer, you will work on improving internal tools/services and building a foundation for other developers.
The foundation provides a set of tools and best practices that are used by product teams. This includes:
- tech radar
- internal libraries
- performance tuning
- knowledge management
- server and cloud infrastructure (from the dev side)
- code infrastructure
- data pipelines architecture.
Our team is fully distributed, and it is essential for us that you can organize yourself and are not afraid to communicate with other team members. We are prepared to share our knowledge, and we are ready to learn something new from you. We are an open-minded team and not afraid to try new technologies if it can move us forward.
- Minimum 2 years of Scala development.
- Experience with functional libraries e.g., cats-effect or ZIO
- Good knowledge of SQL.
- Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDb, ElasticSearch).
- Experience with distributed systems.
- Experience in the development of REST API web-services.
- Excellent communication, verbal, and written skills in English.
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker.
- Experience with queues processing (Kafka, Google Pub/Sub, RabbitMQ)
Type of Work
- Contract-based (Long-term project), full-time (40 hours per week),
- 100% remotely,
- Time zone preferred: any which, allows you to work comfortably with GMT+3
Please apply here or send your CV in English to Olga.Andryushina@samsungnext.com