Senior Data Engineer (remote)
Местоположение и тип занятости
This role is part of the Whisk team within the Samsung NEXT Product organization.
Whisk has built a multi-sided marketplace over the past 8 years that delivers value to each member of the network such as Publishers, Retailers, IOT & Health, and Brands. Whisk also has a consumer experience, my.whisk.com for shopping lists, saved recipes, and other potential experiences. Whisk joined Samsung NEXT in March and there are plans to invest more heavily in the platform, to scale the business and grow each aspect of the network (publisher, retailer, IoT, Health, Brands, & B2C). Each investment should not only add value to its own experience but also to the network of partners overall.
About NEXT Product
The NEXT Product organization is a hyper-growth startup within Samsung NEXT. We’re a globally distributed product development team in search of builders and creators to help conceive, grow and scale new products and categories.
Successful candidates, at all levels within the organization, will: approach all things team-first, take ownership and “be the change you seek”, have strong written and verbal communication skills, have high EQ, enjoy fast-paced, outcome-driven environments, and be inspired to learn and explore daily both inside and outside of your field of expertise.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will join Data&ML squad (data scientist, ML engineer, and BE engineer), build data pipelines to power ML solutions, improve analytics infrastructure and automate some reporting for business units. We expect that you have strong industry experience in building efficient ETL solutions, hands-on experience with various data storages, and excellent knowledge of SQL. We also expect you to dive into tech/product requirements and implement the best practices in data engineering. This is a remote position in GMT+3 time zone (or close to it). Experience in product analytics is a big plus.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve efficient data pipelines for batch/real-time data processing around our ML solutions (recommendation systems, NLP services, etc...).
- Taking ownership over data infrastructure (data storages & pipelines)
- Building & automating business reporting
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- 3+ years of experience in data engineering and 5+ years in software development
- Strong skills and hands-on experience with Python, SQL, AirFlow, ClickHouse, Mongo, Mysql/Postgres, GoogleCloudService
- Experience in working with Kubernetes, Docker, CI/CD (perfectly - with CircleCI)
- Experience working in an Agile environment and within a distributed team
- Working proficiency in English.
- Experience in Product Analytics/BI
About Samsung NEXT
We partner with and build software alongside innovators to develop ideas into products, grow products into businesses, and scale businesses globally.
Founded in 2012, Samsung NEXT has four key functions in the global software ecosystem:
- Product - Building new software and services businesses, at scale.
- Venture - Investing in early-stage startups to help entrepreneurs build and scale their businesses.
- Partnerships - Helping startups successfully partner with a variety of businesses within Samsung.
- M&A - Acquiring startups to connect and scale with our businesses.
Samsung is an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity)/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer. We welcome and encourage diversity as we strive to create an inclusive workplace.