Team leader (B2B) / Lead Developer
Местоположение и тип занятости
This role is a part of the Whisk product team within the Samsung NEXT Product organization.
Whisk is the intelligent platform for connecting recipes and products to shopping and cooking, leveraging artificial intelligence and deep learning. There are two primary components to our business. On the B2B side, Whisk partners with the world’s largest retailers, publishers, CPG brands, and health companies to engage their users to drive revenue and engagement at every step of the food journey – from planning to plate. For consumers, Whisk recently launched a platform that utilizes the same innovative technology to turn recipes from anywhere into collaborative shopping lists across the web, mobile, voice, and Samsung FamilyHub fridges. Now, it’s easy to connect “looks delicious” to “tastes delicious.”
You will lead the Self-Service Squad and manage B2B product Whisk Studio (Content Platform, Partners’ integration). The role will require you to set up team goals and plan a roadmap according to product requirements and your teams' performance. You will be actively collaborating with Product Managers, Design Team, Engineering managers, Sales, and Marketing teams. Your team is composed of 5-7 professionals.
Also, you will:
- Make sure solutions are built to meet high-quality standards,
- Work with design/product teams on requirements and map them to a technical implementation plan,
- Collaborate with, learn from, and mentor teammates,
- Increase team member commitment for a successful team.
- You had worked previously in a senior role and made key technical decisions (2+ years),
- You show a mature and pragmatic approach when choosing technologies,
- You have strong communication skills: you raise your voice when needed and listen to others,
- You put the customer first and respect your commitment to deliever,
- You have strong teamwork skills: you know all about work planning and also know how to approach each team in particular,
- You are passionate about the product quality being developed,
- Strong engineering background (5+ years)
- Outstanding TypeScript knowledge (all our code is in TypeScript),
- You have production experience with frontend in React and MobX
- You have production experience with node.js and microservices approach with nest.js
- Working proficiency in English;
- Ability to self-organize and efficiently work remotely.
- You reside in GMT+3 (+/-2 hours).
It would be great if you:
- Are familiar and have experience with the technologies that we use extensively: Postgres, Mongo, Elastic, Clickhouse, RabbitMQ, gRPC/gRPC-Web, k8s
- Know what being a software architect is and you had experience designing high-load systems from scratch
What we offer:
- Full-time workload (40 hours per week),
- 100% Remote work,
- Long-term project.
- Competitive salary based on your skills
About NEXT Product
Samsung NEXT Product empowers world-class product development teams to deliver customer-centric products that engage ecosystems globally to create a positive impact. We’re a globally distributed product development team in search of builders and creators to help conceive, grow and scale new products and categories.
Samsung NEXT champions builders and founders inventing a more purposeful future. We attract, develop, and celebrate diverse talent with world-class capacity to transform ideas into realities at scale. We prioritize experiences over things and are dedicated to thoughtfully integrating the physical and digital worlds… and we accelerate Samsung's vision to inspire the world!
Founded in 2012, Samsung NEXT has four key functions in the global software ecosystem:
- Product - Designs and builds software experiences from the ground up
- Ventures - Invests in startups with the potential to deliver outsized returns
- Partnerships - Enriches current Samsung products with new technology
- M&A - Acquires companies interested in extending their reach globally
Successful candidates, at all levels within the organization, will: approach all things team-first, take ownership and “be the change you seek”, have strong written and verbal communication skills, have high EQ, enjoy fast-paced, outcome-driven environments and be inspired to learn and explore daily both inside and outside of your field of expertise.