We seek a middle-level frontend developer to grow our team. We want to work with someone who communicates openly and actively, explores technologies (a11y, performance optimization, PWA) and looks for better ways to improve user experience and solve problems.
About the job
- You'll work on a project with a team of 2-3 junior/middle developers (Frontend/Backend/Mobile).
- You might work with our internal projects at first 1-2 month.
- Salary 𝚫: 20k—36k USD gross.
- For development we usually use Kanban or similar processes in Trello, Pivotal of Jira, communicate in Slack channels and via Zoom calls, and store documentation in Notion. We also use Holacracy for organizational governance.
- Apart from working on projects we will encourage you to gain and share knowledge, discuss your personal development and contribute to company's activities.
- You'll have colleagues all around the globe, variety of channels in Slack like #animal-therapy, #cooking, #ihateremotework and remote team spirit.
What we're looking for
- Passion to make apps with best user experience possible.
- Knowledge of how web works (basic networking, HTTP protocol).
- Experience building SPA that interacts with API.
- Knowledge of architecture patterns in modern frontend applications (authentication, data-modeling on frontend).
- Ability to debug apps and 3rd-party libraries.
- Initiative to speak up and code a web page for small screens when we have a design for desktop version only.
- Advanced level of working with tools: DevTools, CLI tools, git.
- Good written and spoken English: almost all the communications technical and non-technical are in English.
- Natural desire to connect with people and good quality of communication (inform others, participate in discussions, raise issues). It is important for us.
- We build mobile and web apps for our clients. See case studies. Usuallyб we work with clients for years and work as a single team.
- 50% compensation for self-development activities: courses, conferences, books, educational platforms, English, sports.
- Remote work and flexible schedule (actually no schedule at all - you decide when you work).
- 32 paid days off per year - you can use them for vacations, occasional days off, and public holidays, only workdays count.
- Full coverage of sick leaves.
- 200 USD per year for medical expenses.
- 500 USD per year for home office equipment.
How to apply 💌
In order to apply send us a message to email@example.com with your CV. In the message tell us about you and your experience, share some examples of your code. Also we are curious about your thoughts on the questions below, please, add your answers to the cover letter.
- How do you organize storing data on frontend? What are pros and cons of your approach?
- What makes a good user experience in your opinion, what is important?
Please show us examples of your code.
Check out our interview process for more information.