Uscreen helping content creators to monetize their videos to millions of users. We are fully bootstrap and a remote-first team from day 1 and we are back to hire more awesome people for our team ❤️
About the job
As a programmer on our monolith team, you will work on various features and participate in refactoring the codebase. Moving forward as our team grows (currently on main rails application we have 11 programmers), and pick more concrete domain specialization.
In our team, we have dedicated front-end programmers, but you still need to understand how our front-end structured and be able to cover features from A to Z.
Here are some things we’ve worked on recently to give you a sense of what you’ll be doing day-to-day:
- Team-subscriptions, marketing funnels, and email-marketing features.
- Page builder and improvements of current Liquid-based templates.
- Analytics for live streaming & videos.
- Complex subscription billing.
How we work
We usually work on the new features in a small group of 1-3 developers & one designer. We are using the approach described by Basecamp for project management called Shape Up.
Remote & async
We are a remote team distributed in different time zones, so we develop a rule of overlapping time from 9 to noon EST time.
What we will require from you
- excellent communication skills (Russian & English)
- desire to understand business logic and help customers
- happiness without toxic behavior
- excellent knowledge of Ruby language and Rails framework
- Rails doctrine commitment
- 20 days of paid vacation every year.
- courses and books reimbursement
- flexible and adequate work schedule
- no rush/pain-in-ass unrealistic deadlines