Fullstack Developer (Node, Angular)
Местоположение и тип занятости
Who we are
We’re a growing international company from Helsinki (Finland) that helps online stores by automating the discovery and embedding of product videos. Our team is spread out across 4 countries around the world.
We’re artists, creators, designers, travelers, cyclists, programmers, dancers, photographers, writers, pet lovers, gamers, campers, runners, parents, sailors, entrepreneurs.
We all are so different, but we’re united by common values and goals: do exceptional work, have fun, build the best product in the business, experiment, treat people right, tell the truth, have a positive impact on the world around us, and keep learning.
Here’s what you will be doing
The system you’ll be working on is a sort of content management system, but in a different way — it’s built for our curation team to give them the ability to moderate the content, and influence what is showing and what is not. This part of Videoly has been built using express.js, MongoDB (and mongoose), PostgreSQL (sequelize), Redis, Angular.js and bootstrap.css.
It’s been written in plain JS back then in 2014, but we’ve continuously improved it all these years, and now the new parts of it are written in TypeScript, and also follow some architectural patterns and principles, like CQRS, DI or DDD, for example.
In your daily routines will be:
- Developing and architecting a unique solution with challenging restrictions and requirements for performance, adjustability, and stability.
- Participating in planning the product’s journey — we trust you to influence how it should be developed in order to gain new heights.
- Working in teams on improving UX.
Who you are
If you consider yourself an eager learner, a conscientious worker, and a thoughtful, kind, supportive human, we’re happy to accept you. You like to communicate proactively all the challenges ahead, making sure that all the expectations around are aligned properly. And of course, you like coding.
We’re looking for a skilled full-stack developer who would like to work for an international company that gives developers freedom, respect, flexible hours.
- 3+ years of experience in web development with decent experience with Node and Angular
- Fluent Russian speaker, as our development team speaks Russian mostly
- Solid understanding of how browsers work (HTTP(S), CSP, CORS, etc), frontend ecosystem, and web technologies in general
- You know the aspects of OOP, FP, SOLID, DRY and use them wisely
- Understanding of application design and development patterns and principles (CQRS, DI, DDD) and the ability to apply them
- Good understanding of how to debug and profile the code, find bottlenecks in performance
- Ability and willingness to take ownership of some parts of the system
- Ability to write and speak in English; fluency is a huge plus
- A can-do attitude and willingness to learn a lot in a short time (i.e., can you handle the guaranteed high demands on your brainpower?)
- A great team player who is able to share their work with their teammates and solve big problems in cooperation
- Good analytical skills, ability to make truthful conclusions on problems and their causes
- Competitive salary
- Mobile phone benefit and paid home internet connection.
- Costs of professional books and courses related to work.
- Costs related to visiting conferences and professional events.
- Partial compensation for English language courses costs (60%).
- Flexible hours - you choose when to work and from where.
- Friendly environment