What we do
BuildSafe is the award-winning safety management SaaS-company for the construction industry. We help contractors and real-estate developers increase quality and safety in construction projects on all stages (planning → implementation → exploitation), improve communication between teams and teach them how to work with analytics.
BuildSafe is working with many of the largest brands in Sweden and has started expanding internationally. We are a young, energetic team pursuing the vision of building a global B2B SaaS company that will fundamentally change our industry.
Our HQ is based in Stockholm, Sweden and our Development office is positioned in Saint Petersburg, Russia.
Who we are
We are a young and energetic team that loves to work with doers and team players. We believe in working hard together to achieve great results. It’s a fast-paced, high growth environment – so no days are boring. And of course, all work and no play is dull – so we always try to add some fun to the schedule.
What you will do
As an experienced software Solution Architect you are responsible for delivering right architecture and technical solutions needed to drive results towards our business requirements, scalability and drive change. This is achieved by strategic leadership and collaboration with our web, mobile, DevOps, QA engineers and business owners on a daily basis. You are experienced professional who loves working as a leader and take responsibility.
- Translate business requirements into software design together with our Web, Mobile and DevOps teams
- Drive evolution of architectural design based on functional/non-functional requirements
- Mentor and train developers to create solutions that hold high quality within scalability, performance, security and modifiability; guide team on architectural principles and design
- Write clean, testable, and efficient code and help team members do the same by nurturing code standards and participating in code reviews
- Contribute to our roadmap with technical requirements and vision in combination with input from product team and business owners
- Coordinate and ensure that every team member of our Web, Mobile and QA teams are on board with planned solutions and deliveries
- Analyse teams’ performance metrics to improve development of every team and individual capabilities by coaching, training and adjustment of team setup when needed
- Overseeing the continuous technical debt eliminations
- Seek ways to improve processes and interactions both inside and outside the R&D team
- Good software architecture & design skills, modern toolbox: Agile modelling, Event storming etc.
- Deep understanding of functional and object-oriented concepts, solid theoretical and practical foundation in computer science
- Professional experience from software development at senior / lead level, including database design, application design and development, web development, distributed systems, APIs and integrations
- Understanding the principles of service / microservice architecture, containerization concepts
- Event sourcing, CQRS, DDD
- Agile mindset and practical skills — Scrum / Kanban / Scrumban experience
- Modern visualization tools for technical / architectural solutions, good presentation skills
- Maximum intersection with our stack, expert level at least in 2 key technologies
Our tech stack:
- Scala, cats, cats-effects, fs2, doobie, kafka
- Typescript, React, fp-ts, RxJS, Redux, Webpack
- PHP 7, Symfony 4
- PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Redis, RabbitMQ
- Objective-C, Swift
- Java, Kotlin
- AWS, Kubernetes, Docker
Who You Are as a person:
- You have technical / computer science degree or extensive experience in working with modern product companies and technical leadership skills
- You are pro-active, energetic and solution-oriented person with experience in tech teams leadership and technical architecture design
- You know how to understand specifics of every engineer in your teams and empower their individual skills and characteristics to protect and raise the efficiency of our deliveries
- You understand the values of long-term continuous product growth and emphasise the idea of small-bite solution delivery connected with the large scale goals
- You are an excellent communicator and collaboration oriented person, who adapts and finds win-win solutions by being a team player and focusing on common goals
- You are ready and eager to code and experiment
- You are fluent in English and Russian languages
Extra points if…
- You have worked with multi-platform development teams (Web, iOS, Android)
- You have experience in building and nurturing an open APIs ecosystem or other solutions for automated data exchange with data consumers
- You have successful cases of monolith → service architecture transformation in your portfolio
- You went through several business and team growth levels together with one of your previous projects
- You understand specialities and differences between B2B and B2C products
- Full-time position, located in Saint Petersburg, Russia
- Competitive salary
- Cool space to work with your colleagues, city center, 10 min from Sadovaya / Spasskaya / Sennaya metro station
- Modern hardware and software based on your needs
- Extended medical insurance package (DMS)
- Work and culture trips to Sweden
Apply with a short introduction about yourself and what have you been doing for past 5-6 months.