Senior Android Developer
We are looking for a full time Senior Android Developer to join our Mobile Team in Amsterdam (remote is also possible). Job duties will include building and maintaining open-source libraries to integrate Stream's APIs on mobile apps.
What you will be doing
As one of Stream's Android Developers, you strive to simplify how applications are built. You will write and maintain open-source libraries that are used by hundreds of our customers and consumed by millions of their users.
Most of your day will be dedicated to software design, research and coding. You will work with modern mobile tech, such as Kotlin and Android LiveData with focus on code quality, testing and CI/CD processes.
- 3+ years of experience as a mobile developer
- Strong knowledge of Kotlin
- Deep understanding of Android ViewModel and LiveData
- Experience writing tests using Mockito and Kluent
- Experience in building apps that interact with REST APIs
- Experience with developing SDK libraries or maintaining open-source projects
- Experience with Kotlin Coroutines
- Published libraries to Maven Central
Stream employees enjoy some of the best benefits in the industry:
- A competitive salary
- Company equity
- A team of exceptional engineers
- The chance to work on OSS projects
- Healthy team lunches and plenty of snacks
- A generous relocation package or the possibility to work fully remote
- An office in the heart of Amsterdam
- The opportunity to attend or present at global conferences and meetups
- The possibility to visit our office in Boulder, CO
- MacBook Pro and home office setup package
Stream has a casual social culture, our team is diverse and we all have different backgrounds. Our Amsterdam team is very focused: you will see us heads-down coding or drawing complex charts on whiteboards, until we pop up to have a chat or play merciless games of ping pong.
Our talented developers are highly technical and collaborative, which makes Stream a great place to learn and improve your skills. When it comes to software engineering our culture is oriented towards ownership and quality: our goal is to deliver stable software.
If you are interested in becoming a part of what we do, apply now!