At Cube.js we are building a technology stack for modern analytics. If you are fascinated by the software that powers large technology companies but want the challenges and freedom that come with working in a small startup, then the job at Cube.js is for you.
We are a small and dedicated remote-first team with an HQ in San Francisco, funded by top-tier SV investors, working on making advanced analytics infrastructure accessible to all developers around the world. At Cube.js you will be part of a vibrant community that is active on GitHub and Slack.
Most of our software is open-source, and we are focused on bottom-up adoption. Our goal is to grow the number of developers and companies using Cube.js from thousands to millions, and we also want to help them be successful.
That's why we're looking for a Senior Developer Advocate to join our Developer Relations and Community team.
As a Senior Developer Advocate, your main goal is to promote Cube.js, increase its awareness and adoption, and support the overall Cube.js community at large. You should have a background in software engineering, be excited about engaging with technical communities and have a knack for explaining technical concepts in a simple way.
This role provides a lot of freedom and lets you develop and bring to life creative ideas for how to increase Cube.js adoption among the developers and further improve their learning experience. It's also a very multi-faceted role that involves working with all sorts of content and channels: examples, blogs, docs, events, GitHub, Slack, Twitter, etc. And while we'll be always there to guide and help you, we expect you to be a manager of one.
If this sounds exciting, we'd love to hear from you!
Some of the things you'll be working on:
- Writing and Editing: Working on tutorials and guides, collaborating with community members, and helping external contributors to create tutorials and blog posts. (See example.)
- Code and Examples: Creating and maintaining example applications built with Cube.js to highlight the different features of the tool. (See example.)
- Website and Documentation: Being a part of the team responsible for maintaining Cube.js landing pages and documentation. (See example.)
- Events: Participating in different online and offline events to speak about Cube.js as well as having an opportunity to organize Cube.js events.
- Strong writing ability and skill in creating an engaging, highly technical copy
- A strong interest and background in community building
- A collaborative and feedback-driven mindset
- An interest in learning more about databases
- Previous startup experience or interest in working in a small fast-moving company
- Availability to travel
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and databases
- Experience in data engineering or building analytical applications
- Experience with React, Vue, Angular, k8s
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.