We're a growing international company from Helsinki (Finland) that helps online stores by automating the discovery and embedding of product videos.
We're looking for a skilled frontend developer who would like to work for an international company that gives developers freedom, respect, flexible hours. We place great value on work/life balance. We can consider relocation at some point after passing the trial.
We have a JS widget that is served to over 21M unique visitors a month. It's a piece of software you will be working on. It's written in TypeScript, using LitElement (Web Components). The widget's purpose to show relevant videos, gather usage activity and communicate with the server.
Here's what you will be doing:
- Developing a unique solution with challenging restrictions and requirements for performance, adjustability, and stability.
- Participating in planning the product's journey — we trust you to influence how it should be developed in order to gain new heights.
- Analyzing user journeys and work on improving UX.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in frontend development.
- Native Russian speaker, as our development team speaks Russian mostly.
- Solid understanding of how browsers work (HTTP(S), CSP, CORS, etc), frontend ecosystem and web technologies in general.
- Understanding of applications design patterns and the ability to apply those.
- Good understanding of how to debug and profile the code, find bottlenecks in performance.
- Ability and willingness to take ownership of some parts of the system.
- Ability to write and speak in English; fluency is a huge plus.
- A can-do attitude and willingness to learn a lot in a short time (i.e., can you handle the guaranteed high demands on your brainpower?).
- A great team player who is able to share their work with their teammates and solve big problems in cooperation.
- Good analytical skills, ability to make truthful conclusions on problems and their causes.
Would Be Neat If You
- Know aspects of OOP, FP, SOLID, DRY and use those wisely.
- Know some specific traits of different browsers and how they may influence your scripts.
- Have some experience with backend and understand some concepts of it.
- Mobile phone benefit and paid home internet connection.
- Costs of professional books and courses related to work.
- Costs related to visiting conferences and professional events.
- Partial compensation for English language courses costs (60%).
- Flexible hours - you choose when to work and from where.
- Friendly environment
Please do not apply if you:
- Ever refused to do something because "it's not your job."
- Want to be left alone to code forever.
- Don't mind leaving work unfinished, as long as you arrive at 9 AM and leave at 5 PM.
- Prefer job security to building great things.
- Like to use obscene language at work.
- Would rather polish the code instead of releasing the solution.