Our company is acting as an intermediately in the job search for a US based corporation. Name is not disclosed due to privacy reasons.
- An online retailer with double digit yearly growth numbers (current at $12 million / year revenue, with a projected goal of $100 million within 5 years)
- 70 + staff members and roughly 20 outside contractors on the team
- In the process of 10 x growth output, with new facilities in US
- Adding development team to handle various aspects of the business.
The Technical Writer is a skilled and experienced writer with strong communication skills; The Technical Writer will be responsible for working on technical documentation / writing based off or directly with academic / scholar papers on various unconnected topics.
- Performs technical writing and editing assignments, working directly with academic papers. Target word counts will exceed 10,000 words per article.
- The technical writer will combine over 50 sources and rewrite a number of academic papers in accordance with specification.
- Collect and interpret technical data / information and write a concise document. Integrate source data and write clear and structured technical text
- Incorporate graphics, schematics, figures, and other visual objects into documents using various media formats.
- Edit documents to ensure grammatical correctness and conduct research to ensure the use of proper technical terminology;
- Work hand in hand with a web research team, preferably assisting in conducting research in an engineering or science related disciplines.
All work is in English exclusively. Fluent English is a requirement.
Please provide a resume in English
- All work is in English exclusively. Fluent English is a requirement.
- Skill in researching, organizing, and presenting technical information.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
- === Qualifications / Experience ===
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university in English, Communications, Engineering, or an equivalent combination of formal education and job-related experience.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in technical writing, editing, or proposal-related experience.
- Experience working in a science-related faculty is an asset, but not a requirement. (Engineering, Science, Medicine, etc.)
100% Remote work, work on your own schedule (several hours overlap with EST timezone is required)
- Paid 10 days vacation + national holidays (limited to 5 calendar days per year)
Salary in USD 1000-1500 $
Work remote location does not matter