Frontend Team Lead (remote)
Местоположение и тип занятости
Whisk is fast-growing company with the objective to "understand" food (recipes, products) and user preferences in order to provide intelligent insights and recommendations. Over several years we have been building knowledge and technology in that area, with great help of Machine Learning.
We are globally distributed and our team lives across the world in different locations – we all work together remotely. Living in a place that makes us happy is important to us.
We recently joined Samsung NEXT - the innovation division of Samsung, which allows us to accelerate our development and hire new talented people
We look for a talented and experienced engineer to join our team, lead and contribute to range of B2B products and internal applications. You will need to make sure that result applications meet high-quality standards.
What you’ll do:
You will lead the Self-Service Squad and manage multiple Whisk's B2B products. The role will require you to set up team goals according to product requirements and your teams' performance. You will be actively collaborating with project and engineering managers.
Also, you will:
- Make sure solutions are built to meet high quality standards
- Work with design/product teams on requirements and map them to a technical implementation plan
- Collaborate with, learn from, and mentor teammates
- Increase team member commitment for a successful team
- You worked previously in a senior role and made key technical decisions
- Proven experience in project architecture design
- Outstanding client-side JS knowledge
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- React, Redux and MobX production experience
- Demonstrated ability to write modular and well-tested code
- Good spoken level of English
- You should like and have experience with static type-checking (e.g. TypeScript)
- Ability to self-organise and efficiently work remotely
What we offer:
- Full-time workload
- Remote work
- Long-term project
- Competitive salary based on your skills
We encourage people to get energy and motivation from end product, which is a result of their work, rather than beauty and shortness of code.
2. English language
Practice shows that you will inevitably improve your level of English by working with us and using it in (nearly) all internal communication.
3. Working with modern technology
We love all modern tech. ...As long as it keeps productive and easy enough for onboard new people.
4. Awareness of company strategy
All employees are free to join to our roadmap meeting and speak freely, which makes everybody aware about how their work contributes to company success.
5. Zero bureaucracy
It is in everybody's interest to reduce time from good ideas and interesting project to the point when we launch them. That's why we optimised our flows for efficient collaboration between departments: business, design, tech.
6. Company retreats
Once or twice a year we decide on location where we gonna go as a team and spend week working and exploring new places together. We had great experience in Budapest, Prague, Madrid, Lisbon and Florence. You will be more than welcome to join us.
Please, make sure your profile information (career.habr.com or LinkedIn) is up to date and cover letter is appreciated