Scala Backend Developer
📍 Your profile:
• 5+ years of Java/Scala development experience.
• 2+ years of pure Scala development experience.
• You have a good knowledge of the JVM.
• You have experience with RDBMS (PostgreSQL preferred), NoSQL, KV stores.
• You understand how to build distributed and resilient microservices using a modern stack of technologies.
📍 Your roles:
• Build new features and improve existing ones for our modern and scalable backend system.
• Become an owner of a set of microservices, be responsible for a given business and technical domain, suggest ways to improve performance and quality of your services, participate in cross-service integrations processes.
• A crucial role in a highly motivated and talented team.
• Flat team structure and open communication.
• MacBook Pro as your working station.
• Multicultural and English-speaking environment.
• Relocation package: till 3000 + help with finding an apartment
• Documents (Visa if needed + Residence permit)
Nice to have:
• Hands-on experience with Apache Kafka. You understand its architecture and guarantees.
• Experience with Play Framework, Akka.
• Knowledge of Scala FP libraries like Scalaz, Cats, ZIO. Understanding about effects management and referential transparency.
• You know your tools and you’re not afraid to use them (debugging, profiling, Java tools).