Development Engineer (Network)
We are looking for a Development Engineer for our Lustre Networking team which focuses on developing and maintaining the Lustre Network (LNet) kernel module and associated test infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have experience designing, implementing, and shipping software using modern development tooling and practices.
Responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Design and develop new features, while maintaining existing features.
- Design and develop tests and test suite infrastructure for LNet.
- Work directly with customers to triage LNet bug reports and provide code fixes where applicable.
- Provide code reviews for LNet patches submitted by other engineers
- Work with the Engineering manager and a geographically distributed team to understand product requirements, feature development, and support priorities.
- Contribute to LNet product documentation for new features, while validating and updating the existing documentation.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent degree/experience.
- 5+ years of experience working in Linux environments with C, Python, Bash scripting.
- Familiarity with networking technologies, including TCP, Infiniband, RDMA.
- Understanding of open-source Kernel development.
- Good grasp of multi-threaded programming and parallel computing.
- Excellent and demonstrable problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Linux internals and administration is desired
- Strong team player with good written and verbal English communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Knowledge of Parallel File Systems, in particular Lustre, is desirable.
- Experience with JIRA, Jenkins, Gerrit, Git and Github preferred
DDN has a very strong orientation towards these 4 characteristics and any successful employee will demonstrate these capabilities:
Self Starter - Takes independent action to identify and solve problems. Seeks out relevant information needed to make decisions. Gets involved with new initiatives.
Success/Achievement Orientation - Delivers quality results consistently. Targets, achieves (or exceeds) measurable results. Sets challenging goals, focuses on critical priorities, and is accountable.
Problem Solving - Recognizes problems and responds with a systematic assessment that identifies and addresses cause of issue. Practical, realistic, and resourceful.
Innovative - Builds and improves key business processes that enhance the effectiveness of DDN. Generates new ideas, challenges the status quo, and solves problems creatively.
DDN takes pride in developing and promoting talent as an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, DDN welcomes opportunities to learn from each other, our customers, investors, suppliers, and business partners.