Are you an experienced data engineer who loves to swim in the data lake?
Do you want to participate in a team with a key role in our game changing strategic transformation to becoming a digital service provider? Do you want to bring to life your passion for Big Data in a truly agile and international environment?
Telenor is a large international company spanning 13 countries. With our 200M+ customers, we are experiencing an exploding increase in real-time digital data – especially in Asia. We are now building a data lake on AWS that will ingest, process and govern all of this data, and want to add two more great people on our team to contribute to this growing task.
Who do we need?
We are looking for a strong team player with a passion for high quality code. We hope that you’ve been exposed to working on big data volumes already, but most importantly, you must have a strong interest in big data and a willingness to learn more. In our team, we combine an ambitious pride of workmanship with a humble attitude, and we want you who can bring these qualities to the table to join us.
What do you need to succeed?
- Experience with Clojure, Python or Java.
- Experience with AWS or similar.
- Effective in a Linux terminal (shell scripting, configuration files, etc.)
- Experience with some SQL database, preferably PostgreSQL.
- Streaming technologies, especially Apache Kafka.
- Event processing, ideally experience with Apache Spark.
- Knowledge about Elasticsearch.
- Enjoy automating things and building systems.
- Machine learning experience is a plus.
- Continuous integration and delivery is important to you, and writing tests a given.
- You are humble and passionate. You like to listen and can understand the viewpoints of others., but you focus on delivery once a direction is set.
What can we offer you?
An opportunity to be part of a team that cares about making a difference and getting things done – and have a lot of fun doing just that. You get to work on cool technologies and be part of a truly international environment. We’re a relatively young team and informal by structure – what you bring to the table is more important than your title.
For any questions you may have, please contact Kristoffer Kvam (VP Data Insights) at +47 90116286
We conduct background checks on relevant candidates.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Application deadline: ASAP
About Telenor Group
Telenor Group is one of the world’s major mobile operators, with reported revenues of NOK 131 billion in 2016. We keep 214 million mobile subscribers connected in 13 markets across Scandinavia, Central Eastern Europe, and Asia. Our 36,000 employees are committed to responsible business conduct and being our customers’ favourite partner in digital life. Connecting the world has been Telenor’s domain for more than 160 years, and we are driven by a singular vision: to empower societies.