Join Genesys and save the world from bad customer service!
Genesys is the largest private software company in Silicon Valley, and we are revolutionizing the way companies engage with their customers. We are a highly successful organization with a solid track record and staying power. At Genesys, you can sharpen your professional skills and build your career with a company that matters. Our passionate team solves customer experience challenges for our own customers – and each other – every day.
Many companies claim to be global. We actually are. Our team spans over 40 countries and 5 continents. Our diverse team consists of talented, enthusiastic people who are here because they believe in our mission, and because they love what they do here. It’s a great place to work. We live our values every day, easily seen in our attention to great customer service, obsessive desire to create success for our clients, daily goal to make things easy for our clients and for each other, and of course, by innovating in all we do. And we like to have a good time, too. We are committed to making a difference in the communities where we live and work. We are always learning. We are growing. We are building a better world. We are Genesys.
Genesys was named in the top 25 of the “Best Places to Work 2016” in the Bay Area by San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal.
We are looking for a talented Senior Database Administrator to join Cloud team!
This position will work on the relational and no-sql database at Genesys with focus on process, problem solving, performance, tuning, and back-up and recovery.
- Position will develop data solutions and code to access data sources.
- Position manages data across all platforms and ensures the integrity of data on simultaneous projects.
- Responsible for the architecture of data solutions which meets the long term growth plans of Genesys Cloud solutions
- Position will manage system alerts, load balance, performance issues, and provide security oversight.
- Position will perform database monitoring alerting management of issues affecting uptime.
- Position will manage software patches
- Position will purge/archive data according to company policies and procedures.
- Position will examine production issues and make recommendations and/or escalate for problem resolution.
- Be available to participate in am on call support rotation and non-business hour change window.
- BSCS and 4+ years of advanced database management and analysis.
- Requires 3+ or more years of DBA experience with either relational or no-sql databases
- Background in other RDBMS like Oracle and SQL Server is desirable
- 4+ years of combined experience with:
- Postgres RDBMS, including all aspect of deployment, management and problem solving.
- Managing Cassandra clusters, experience developing application for Cassandra is acceptable.
- Maintaining elastic search indexes, designing and developing applications that uses elastic search.
- Past experience reporting on trending history
- Ability to assist with maintenance and performance tuning.
- Excellent experience interfacing between middleware and database systems
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Maintain the firm standards as they apply to information, data, network, and system security.
- Responsible for observing all laws and regulations wherever business is conducted on behalf of the company.
Compensations and benefits:
- Competitive salary with bonuses and regular merit increases
- Flexible schedule
- Medical insurance (dental and life insurance included)
- 31 days of vacation per year
- 100% paid sick leave policy
- English classes in the office
- Modern and comfortable office in the historical part of Saint-Petersburg: well equipped kitchen, shower, bicycle parking, etc.
- Team of professionals and warm friendly atmosphere
- Opportunity for professional and career growth in western software development company
- You may become a part of our corporate soccer team!