DevOps Engineer (remote job)
Местоположение и тип занятости
- Wavecell's mission is to help companies and developers to easily integrate efficient new communication channels in their products and applications. We provide cloud based real-time communication services for Enterprises and Application Developers. Services include SMS messaging, Mobile Push Notifications, Voice calls, Video calls.
- We deliver services to global customers in more than 200 countries. Our business is growing significantly and we are hiring talents seeking challenges and fun.
- Wavecell is headquartered in Singapore with offices in the Philippines, Hong Kong and the United Kingdom: we ambition to become the APAC leader in cloud communication API services.
- At Wavecell, you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic and innovative startup environment. We are seeking brilliant, self-motivated and passionate individuals who are willing to make a difference in the industry.
About the job
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to take part in the development of our communication platform. You will be part of the Engineering team, responsible for automated deployments, ensuring highest reliability and scalability of our production services and efficient management of our cloud platform infrastructure.
Our ideal candidate is a professional with experience in automating deployments with modern configuration and deployment management systems. He needs a broad knowledge of systems / servers / load balancers / storages / security / networking and also some background in programming.
We are using cloud infrastructure, containerization, CI and CD process.
- To automate builds, deployments and other aspects of release lifecycle
- To maintain and improve cloud platform infrastructure, to configure auto-scaling
- To architecture and develop Docker-based infrastructure
- To find solutions to problems that disrupt availability, performance and stability of our systems
- To work in conjunction with development and operations teams to understand requirements for functionality, performance and security of applications
- To explore and maintain understanding of the internal architecture and client requirements to our applications
- To manage the processes of deployments, using blue-green deployment pattern whenever possible
- To implement the tools and processes for monitoring servers and services
- To ensure proper backup and restore when failure occurs
- To suggest ways to improve and reduce operational costs with adaptive performance tuning
- To investigate and develop skills in new technologies
- To collaborate across the company
Desired Skills and Experience
- A Computer Science degree, or equivalent experience
- Practical experience of building and operating platform in AWS
- Programming experience in any scripting language
- 4+ years of experience working on sysadmin level with Linux
- Experience working with configuration management frameworks like Chef, Ansible, Puppet
- Cloud monitoring tools
Bonus points for experience with the followings:
- Experience with Go, Java, Scala, C#, MSSQL, Redis, MongoDB, RabbitMQ.
- Experience of working in Agile environment, in a close collaboration with developers
- Knowledge of deployment and maintenance of Windows servers
- Familiar with ELK stack
- Familiar with Terraform