About the client:
“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page” is definitely the credo of this company, which was born to drive the values and transform the market in the much more consumer-focused place, changing our world for better. They are giving voices to millions customers and win their trust by providing one of the most popular tourists services on the Dutch market, helping travellers to enjoy the quality time in every journey and have the whole world on their fingertips. Dynamic and innovative, it's determined to go beyond its present success and is entering interesting "re-startup" phase, technical challenge, aimed to maximise user experience even more.
As a Scala Developer you'll be welcome to share the challenge: to build the most consumer-focused holiday website there is. You can enjoy the opportunity to use the most recent technologies, solve big problems and think on a large-scale, as part of the wonderful development team with great spirit. The company encourages your professional growth.
- Be responsible for the realization of a new Scala Platform;
- Develop solutions to challenging problems, that would be successful;
- Be able to import data, design application programming interface for the website;
- Be familiar with big data;
- Be ready to start building something without knowing the result;
- Find ways how to optimize, improve things.
- You are proficient in Scala and earlier work experience with Java would be advantageous but not obligatory;
- Work experience with SBT, Akka and RabbitMQ would be highly advantageous;
- You enjoy working with ScalaTest (writing test, etc.);
- You are eager to discover and master more in ElasticSearch, AWS Java SDK and Finatra;
- You have background with NoSQL databases;
- Previous experience of REST APIs development.