Senior PHP разработчик (high load)
Местоположение и тип занятости
Senior High Load Developer
A flexible, full-time, remote senior position is available at InterPals, a popular social networking site that connects people around the world for friendship, language practice, travel, and more. The site has over 4 million active users. Our user base is extremely enthusiastic and dedicated.
The codebase mainly PHP, with some Golang services, on a LEMP stack for a high load website: sharded MySQL, Redis, Elastic, RabbitMQ. We use some AWS services (S3, SES). Frontend is basic CSS/HTML/JS (for now, largely jQuery), but plan to refactor to React with new design. We use our own homegrown MVC framework with advanced caching capabilities.
Location: We are usually based in Moscow, but work remotely at this time with weekly meetings, in-person if in town with Skype for other members. Мы все говорим по-русски.
- Implement and oversee implementation of new features
- Promote best practices, both code and process-related
- Coordinate with frontend / designers to update site design and implement mobile version
- Review and offer feedback on code written by other developers
- PHP experience, high load is a plus. Keen on performance while maintaining high code quality.
- Substantial experience with other languages, not just PHP.
- MySQL - some tuning and optimizing queries
- Ability to write lean, scalable, but also secure, modern, readable, maintainable, testable, well-documented code
- Minimum lower-intermediate written English (meetings are mainly in Russian, but you should understand spoken English too)
You will be focusing on the backend, but we're a small team, so you should be fairly comfortable with front-end code and basic system administration tasks on Linux too.
Some upcoming projects include: refactoring the codebase for maintainability and performance, new site design and mobile version, full i18n/l10n of site, improving spam detection with ML and crowdsourcing techniques, introducing virtual currency and payment processing for premium features.
What we offer:
- Flexible hours, remote work environment with Skype/Slack communication
- Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience.
- Super-friendly team and occasional team get-togethers
- Founder is a developer as well, will appreciate your great code and effort
How to apply: Interested? We'd love to hear from you! Send us an email with "Senior PHP Developer - Moi Krug" in the subject to email@example.com containing:
- A introductory message telling us why you're a good fit for this job
- Your CV/Resume
- Your city and which timezone it's in
- (optional, but helpful) GitHub, Stackoverflow profiles, code examples, links to projects you are involved in and/or other cool things you think we should see
- Можно по-русски, если английской версии нет.