Form is a St Petersburg based English Language school founded by ex-pat English teachers. We aim to change the way English is taught and Learnt for the better by using technology.
Form is looking for a full stack developer. The job will consist of developing Form's 21st century web-based Learning Management System (LMS) for schools, teachers. You will work with one other person implementing a Python-Django based system for managing the education and running of a school. You'll be working on all aspects of the system, from the front end UI to the back end database, from language games to email integration.
The work entails a high degree of responsibility as you will be playing a key role in the further development of Form's LMS as well as contributing to other new services.
- A Bachelors degree in computer science (or higher).
- Experience of Python + Django.
- *nix server management.
- Ability to design and develop effective user interfaces from scratch.
- A thoughtful person who considers code-reuse vital.
- Ability to get things done and be independent.
- Professionalism when it comes to project management.
- English is the working language of the school, so excellent written and spoken English is required.
We consider a plus:
- A demonstrable portfolio.
- Jquery UI custom widgets experience.
- previous published open source Django modules.
- Explaining technical skills to non technical people.
- Creativity in solving cool programming challenges.
- Google maps/charts/search API experience.
- The freedom to choose frameworks that get the job done (no more PHP or visual studio).
- Being part of a growing language school in St Petersburg, with great expansion prospects.
- The chance to work on a project that actually makes a huge difference to people's education.
- Being an integral part of an exciting initiative educational tech project.
- Working with Foreigners.
- Growth prospects in terms of salary and responsibilities.
- Find parts of the project that fit your skills and areas.
- Free English Lessons.