We are looking for a skilled Database Engineer to help us with the
design, maintenance, and scaling of Grammarly's databases. The Database
Engine will focus primarily on developing and managing various
relational and non-relational storage systems for our main products, new
features, statistics, monitoring, etc.
What you will do:
• Proactively monitor, tune, profile, and scale Grammarly’s database environments
• Develop, implement, and periodically test backup and recovery plans
• Evaluate and implement new database platforms
• Actively work with developers and ops on database design
• Develop tools to automate performance monitoring and data migration
• Maintain data security and access control
• Troubleshoot when something goes wrong
What we're looking for:
• Solid understanding of MySQL and PostgreSQL
• Familiarity with replication and failover strategies
• Experience with database performance tuning and capacity planning (preferably with MySQL)
• Experience with other data storage systems (e.g. Graphite, ElasticSearch, Cassandra is a plus)
• Strong systems administration and automation skills
• A sense of humor!
Grammarly improves communication among the world’s 2+ billion native and non-native English writers. Our flagship product, the Grammarly® Editor, corrects contextual spelling mistakes, checks for more than 250 common grammar errors, enhances vocabulary usage, and provides citation suggestions. More than 3 million registered users worldwide trust Grammarly’s products, which are also licensed by more than 250 leading universities and corporations. Grammarly is an Inc 500 company with offices in San Francisco and Kiev.
How to apply
Apply at email@example.com. Please include any information you think would be useful for us to understand your background and accomplishments.