Do you demand the best from your professional career? Are you inspired by excellence? At SAP, you will have the power to make a real impact. As the global market leader for business software, SAP helps companies and organizations in more than 25 industries to run better.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
SAP Active Global Support is a global organization supporting the world’s largest companies running SAP solutions. With our employees worldwide and team of more than 4000 employees in Europe Middle East & Africa we offer comprehensive services for every aspect of customers' software implementation. We enable and support our customers IT solutions’ operations, upgrades, continuous improvement and quality management.
The Center of Expertise (CoE), a subdivision of SAP Active Global Support, has the goal and mission to ensure optimal performance, availability and smooth operation of SAP software as well as to optimize technical and business processes by delivering services to SAP customers.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
As a Support Engineer, you will analyse SAP solutions for our international customers and present the results of your findings and recommendations to IT managers and executives.
For this role we are looking for passionate people with excellent technical and communication skill. Since we provide services at our customer sites, business travel will be an essential part of this role.
You will get hand-on experience of:
- Business process implementation analysis
- Data consistency analysis
- Solution architecture analysis
- System performance optimization
- This role provides you opportunities to work with innovative new solutions including SAP HANA real-time platform, Mobile and Cloud. You will implement modern concepts of Application Lifecycle Management, Operation and Innovation Control Centres.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
You are the right person for this job if you bring in the following:
- You have a very good University degree in Information Technology, Mathematics, Chemistry, Engineering or Physics
- You have excellent DB knowledge e.g. HANA, Oracle, MaxDB, DB6, MS SQL, Sybase ASE
- You have experience of support or implementation of ERP systems
- Good programming skills in one of the major languages e.g. JAVA, C, C++, SQL or similar, ABAP coding knowledge is a plus
- You are willing to travel worldwide
- You have strong analytical and logical skills
- You enjoy working in an international team
- Very good English is a must
- 3+ years experience with database technology
- SAP experience will be an advantage