A well-seasoned software engineer and an inspiring team leader delivering software products.
I try to calculate ROI for any kind of money burn. This fails in so many ways, but I do admit my fails and keep trying.
I believe in short incremental product-focused release cycles, brief demand-driven meetings, morphing resources distribution and a few other means of keeping the development tempo and business efficiency.
Always make it look like a set cap even if it is a technical limitation.
Let the chaos happen. Let the "good" chaos survive and reproduce. Let the initiator of the "good" chaos become an ambassador.
Rebranded from DocDoc in 2020. Nationwide leader in the following businesses: doctor's appointments, medical diagnostics appointments, telemedicine. We are actively expanding into other medtech products.
- Responsible for ~80 remote engineers and engineering managers across multiple business directions: back, front and mobile developers, SRE/DevOps, QA, Security.
- Responsible for company-wide SDLC and plan completion.
- Responsible for company-wide reliability, SLA & cloud infrastructure.
- I aggregate and synch quarterly OKRs for IT.
- Anti-crisis measures in front-end development. Stopped turnover of front-end engineers. Seeking for relevant experts. Planning and executing performance improvement plan.
- Initiated actions to reduce monthly operating costs: telephony costs per request reduced by 26.55%, SMS delivery costs per request reduced by 48.37%, other services monthly costs per request reduced by 21.57%.
- Defining data and security strategy: planning, laws compliance, initiated security audits.
- Setting up and presenting a set of dashboards to monitor technical metrics critical for business operations: load, performance and uptime; communication and connectivity with users; call-center user and technical metrics.
- Launching, technical planning and staffing for new projects.
- Leading R&D: experimental products & technologies.
- Communicating and collaborating with Sberbank in the following areas: Security, Reliability, IT & Project Management, System Design & Architecture.
- Hired all in-house mobile engineers and formed two cross functional engineering teams.
- Overtook projects from a contracting company - expertise & knowledge transfer.
- Led the development for the API Platform, iOS and Android.
- Mentored and motivated our teams. Individual development plans for engineers.
- Organized efficient product development. Roadmap planning and timely completion.
- Performance measurement hierarchy for engineers: gitlean, 360 & performance reviews
- Brought the technology stack of our mobile apps up to date.
- Initiated creation of proper documentation for all of our APIs, including partners APIs. Partners netted ~30% of the company's revenue.
- Organized a mobile hackathon with ~25 participants and industry experts from Google, HP and startups. The winner's idea has been delivered to our users after a few weeks. Video from the event: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZsALEtSLj8
- Designed the architecture of A/B testing in mobile which met all of our requirements.
Moscow-based Engineering Division within "Altpoint Capital" investment fund.
Developed a chat application from scratch: figuring out architecture, technology stack, development process;
- Used CoreData, forcing RestKit to work properly, implementing KeyChain, AddressBook and other frameworks;
- Came up with a code style, controlled it with OCLint;
- Reviewed code via “Phabricator”, covered code with tests using OCMock, CI/Jenkins/automatic testing;
- Worked onsite with UI/UX companies in Los Angeles – brainstormed and prototyped
Developed financial software - wallets, loyalty programs and others.
- Organized iOS developers
- Created a clean, cool, reasonable UI / UX. Collaborating with UI designers for best results
- Came up with custom UI controls and animations, which provide subtle user flow and experience
- Used Swift in all of the products
Led a team of engineers developing a social network aggregator with a chat and other features.
• Selected and reasoned application architecture and libraries used;
• Evaluated terms and deadlines and did our best to get there;
• Implemented heavily customized viewControllers and controls;
• Worked heavily with CoreData, database schema design, used MOGenerator;
• Helped back-end devs to design APIs, collaborated with designers for great UX
• Interviewed iOS developers.
Thesis: Supporting university students' reflective learning through self and social tracking
Took part in a few software development projects and software-related research:
• Developed an iOS application to enrich university's IT infrastructure: a time-managing iOS application similar to an organizer, which was parsing data from the university website and presenting it in a user-friendly way, users were able to integrate events into the native iOS calendar app.
• Part of the team which did use case analysis of an abstract “smart watch” device, came up with own unique user Interface and use cases. (Before Apple Watch was announced)
• Led a small team developing a C# / XNA game. Lead programmer and all of the design as well.
- IT Projects Management
- Software Projects Management
- Interaction Design
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Game Programming
- Digital Multimedia
- Business Ethics
UTS ranks in the Top 100 universities worldwide for Computer Science.
Internship at “HP Joint SuperComputer Center”, rated at www.top500.org supercomputer list. High load and parallel programming.
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Parallel programming
- AI Systems
- Computer Graphics
- Operation Systems
- Computer Engineering - Electronics and Interfaces
- Computer Engineering - Microprocessors
- OSI model
- IPv4/6 protocols
- Routing protocols
- LAN switches and wireless concepts
- WAN technology
- Network security