Experienced Software Developer which is capable of building small to large web-applications as an IC or Team Lead. Focused on result and people.
4 years in remote-only work including leading of remote-only teams.
As a Team Lead:
With a full-remote a cross team of 9 members (4 backend, 3 frontend, 2 QA)
• building a marketplace platform from scratch
• develop new features in a long-live production-heavy e-commerce
My main duties here were:
• Keep team performance, involvement and efficiency at a very high level. Protect team from outside distractions and often priority changes. Optimise work processes and remove obstacles.
• Motivate developers and drive product development at a very high pace.
• Estimate features, split big stories and keep everyones busy with enough work.
• Be responsible for quality of delivered features, code and overall product.
• Communicate with Product Team and Business Owners for syncing of priorities and moving direction.
• Keep production servers running and resolve incidents. On-call duty 24/7.
Highlights of those:
• Introduced 1-1's in the team. 1-1 was really new for me and the company. However when I started it in my team then more than half of it adopted this practice and noticed real positive changes.
• Negotiate deadlines, scopes and priorities with managers to keep reasonable work/life balance was part of my daily job. No one leaved a team in 1 year and half. Almost everyone considered as a top performers and didn't burn out.
• Completed site reskin and improved site loading speed.
• Cleaned up a lot of legacy code which cause a lot of confusion.
As an Individual Contributor (first year):
• Focus on all payments. One of the most critical part of any e-commerce. No issues allowed.
• Migrated payments from Braintree to PayPal (and then back) with 0 issues and no downtime. Resulted in almost gateway-agnostic payment subsystem.
• Implement highly flexible payment flow for marketplace on top of Stripe. Business requirements of the flow were changed dramatically 3 times but initial architecture gracefully handled all changes with little code changes
Being a Full-Stack I was wearing a range of hats including HTML/CSS, DevOps, QA, UI/UX designer, manager. This was an solid school of developing modern, scalable and robust web-applications. Small achievements were part of day-to-day work. Since then I am a Full-Stack now who develops small to medium projects.
• Develop Back-End on Ruby on Rails with Postgresql as DB
• Develop Front-End on Angular 1, React
• Setup infrastructure, monitoring, logging etc.
• Databases and application performance monitoring and tuning
• Code reviewing and technical mentoring. Plan and assign tasks for team
• Communicate with customer
• Review new frameworks, libraries, try, learn new things
Tech Lead of a small startup. Since August I've done the following steps:
• Build a team of three people.
• Setup development process according to Scrum.
• Setup development, demo and test environments.
• Selected main technologies and tools.
• Developed and implemented architecture of application and DB. I utilize cutting-edge technologies for rapid web development such as Grails, Dojo, Bootstrap. Server-side has been implemented as Java EE Web Application (war) on top of Spring Framework and Grails, and the client-side is a Rich Web Application that uses REST for communications with server.
• Lead students labs, practice, and tests.
• Do research in a field of Visual Programming Languages for Parallel Computing.
• Implemented Visual IDE for modelling parallel algorithms (PGraph).
• Write papers, articles, and speak at conferences.
• Fixing old business-logic and implementing new business-logic of a web-application for department of introduction.
• Design architecture and implementing a web-application for monitoring and managing client's autotest which includes scheduling and executing of autotets, notification, and reports
• Participation in other projects mainly for studying new technologies, getting experience, or emergency help.
Delphi visual components development and implementation
Work in a team of 6 members
Delphi, SOAP, WebService, ActiveX